Community Coordinator Job Posting
Community Coordinator, Wilson Area LINCS Family Center
The Wilson Area LINCS Family Center seeks a self-directed, community-minded individual who can form relationships with strategic partners (e.g., government agencies, non-profit agencies, schools, businesses, and faith-based communities) to build capacity and engagement in order to identify and address issues affecting youth using evidence-based approaches. This grant funded position will challenge the candidate to identify problems, develop solutions, and take the lead in solving problems. Preferred candidates should have experience in project management and/or strategic planning, an understanding/working knowledge of youth-serving systems, agencies, and prevention efforts, and a familiarity with the Wilson Area community.
The candidate will need to possess a professional demeanor and demonstrate the ability to speak effectively and professionally in public to a variety of audiences. The candidate must be able to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct using various forms of communication. This individual must possess strong group facilitation skills and experience, excellent organizational and multitasking skills, and a working knowledge of Zoom and the Office suite. The candidate should have the ability to develop and manage budgets, understand and prepare grant applications, and work with traditional media outlets as well as engage the Wilson Area community through social media platforms.
- Work with the Evidence-Based Prevention and Intervention Support (EPIS) Technical Assistance team to create, recruit, and maintain a community prevention board.
- Lead the community prevention board which includes arranging coalition building training and workshops, facilitate delegation of community prevention board tasks, and work with community prevention board members, members of the larger community, and EPIS Technical Assistance team to develop and implement a comprehensive community prevention plan
- Oversee implementation of the preventative interventions selected by the community prevention board and coordinate efforts to solve local problems and assist in implementing solutions
- Make presentations and train community board members for community outreach
- Assist in writing grant proposals, reports, concept papers and other materials needed to obtain continued/increased funding
- This is a full-time grant funded (20 month) position with an opportunity to be extended. Salary commensurate with experience ($30.00-$34.00 an hour)
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years’ related experience; or equivalent education and experience.
- Hours per week will vary depending on needs of the position. Hours will range between 30-40 hours a week.
- Individual will work from home, in the community, and at the LINCS Family Center.
- Individual must be able to travel to local and regional meetings and throughout the community developing partnerships.
Applicants should submit a Cover Letter and Resume to: David Wright, PhD at LINCS@wilsonareasd.org using subject line “LINCS Community Coordinator application”
Deadline – October 11th at 5:00 pm
Review of applicants will begin after October 11th
The Wilson Area LINCS Family Center is fully committed to developing a diverse community through being an equal opportunity employer, The LINCS welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military staus, marital staus, national origin, or genetics.